Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Idea That Started It All.

I recently broke up with someone, think about her daily and can't quite get over her. Contacting her directly doesn't work out, I get too emotional and can't quite say "I LOVE YOU" in a way that is profound enough. I decided that I needed some grand gesture to show her that I really do truly love her. I decided I would "shout it to the world" as they say.

Idea: I'm going to buy a small helium tank, a bunch of balloons and either postcards or small envelopes. I will write a small love letter on each card and address it to her complete with postage stamp. On each card I will put a place for recipient to write in date and location where it was found. I will then attach them to ribbon and a helium balloon. I will let them all go at the same time. My hope is that wherever the balloons land someone will find them and put the pre-stamped card into the mailbox to be sent to her. If it doesn't convince her to come back to me, she will at least have proof of my love.

I decided I should document the whole process, and post it here and anywhere possible to show the world what love is.

No comments: