Thursday, May 24, 2007

Silencing the pain of lost love.

I've felt much better about the whole break up the last couple days. Fresh after it happened I was relieved knowing that I could move on. I battled back and forth with whether it was right or not. I desperately wanted to be with her, but told myself it was the best for both of us. I wouldn't be causing anymore stress in her life and my life would be much simpler. Peace would be restored. Many times I wanted to call her and get her back. When I realized that I really could be losing her forever that I decided I needed to let her know I love her. In hope that is would bring her back.

Its nice to have a constructive way to focus my energy. Instead of focusing on the longing and losing of a love. I can focus on my plan to tell her I love her,in a way that will not be forgotten whether she responds positively or not. I'll know that I did made one last grand gesture to fight for love.

Well, there isn't a whole lot I can do today as far as setting this plan to action. The post office said it would be Friday or Monday before they would receive their shipment of postcards with the new rates. All I can really do is try to promote this blog to "tell the world" about my love and my plans for The Grand Gesture. I hope to get as much attention to this as possible, not just the people that find the balloons. So if you are reading this and you like the idea, believe in love or just feel like helping out. Link to this blog. At least leave me a comment, or wish me luck so I know that you stopped by.

If you know of anyway to get the traffic to this blog it would help the cause. Part of making this gesture grand, is letting as many people know about it as possible. I've made a myspace profile as well. It's myspace.com/grandgestureoflove. If you have an account, (like everyone else) please add me as a friend. I don't have the time to add everyone, and don't want to use some automatic friend generator. I have a bunch of ideas in my head about things to do, just need to implement them. Its raining right now so I can't do much outside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your lost love... ending a relationship is one of the hardest things, ever. I think you should focus your energy, however, on healing and moving on, not on trying to win her back. Try reading the Mars & Venus Starting Over book, or another good self-help book, and focus on letting go.
Good luck! Ms. Right is out there, and if you're focused on Ms. Wrong you might not meet her!

GrandGestureOfLove said...

I know where you're coming from anonymous. I've always been one who can move on very quickly after a relationship ends. Convince myself that I'm better off without the person and that they were not right for me.

I focused on moving on for a good month, it was harder then in the past. I'm still moving on, now. I fully realize that this gesture may never win her back. It doesn't have to. Maybe, we are both better off apart. The one thing that I hope to accomplish is letting her know that I loved her then, I love now, and will always love her.

Honestly my fear of losing her, broke me. In terrible emotional state I called her. I needed to talk to her and she couldn't be there. I felt very hurt and some things I really truly regret. She said I wouldn't even be able to say such things if I loved her. So, I set out this Grand plan to show her that I do love her, even if we are never meant to speak to each other again.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Break ups do suck. But 1 month is really a tiny drop in the bucket of breakup time. Ask yourself if you are upset that you broke up or maybe just upset at HOW you broke up. Good luck and if all else fails there is always Prozac ;)

GrandGestureOfLove said...

I realize that one month is a "drop in the bucket". I am upset that we broke up. I'm more upset that at the time that I didn't fight harder, didn't make the changes that would make things work. I'm not depressed thats for sure so save the Prozac for someone else. Honestly, I'm not doing this, just to get her back. If we don't get back together that is fine. I just want to make sure she knows that I love her. Like I said in the previous comment. Thanks for wishing me luck.